Monday 1 March 2010


Hi All

Today's entry, despite the acute embarrassment of the photo, is an important event.


Each year I produce a calendar for the dog walkers containing many of the dogs who walk on the sandhills each day. We have raised funds for a few charities over the years usually dog related. But last year, due to our loosing one of our walkers my friend Jessie to Cancer on 28th February 2009, we decided to raise funds for the local hospice 'Queenscourt' who looked after Jessie during her last few weeks.

Jessie's son Paul was responsible for many of the sales with his dog Bailey who I now walk each day, my friend Julie and I walked Bailey for Jessie whilst she was ill and now as Paul works full time with his own business we carry this on.

We managed to raise £570 in loving memory of Jessie. Seen in the photograph is Paul, Bailey, me and Brian from the hospice accepting the cheque.


No comments:

Post a Comment