Thursday 25 August 2011

Leave of Absence




Just a quicky to explain the quietness from Bags of Swank by SimJaTa and Special by SimJaTa over the next few days. Starting today really...

We have our WoofBeginnings
fund raiser this weekend. Set up our stall tomorrow (Friday) then ready for the Town and Country Fair in Southport for Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Also our agility team are attending so Alfie will be performing, and maybe Jaja depending on just how brave we are feeling.

Today I have been sorting out the tombola prizes, so far we have managed 150 prizes for each of the days, so I have done day 1 and folding up over 1,000 raffle tickets and sticking on tickets, then packing up the boxes - didnt take too long, only the best part of 8 hours!! I very much doubt I will be seeing much of a sewing needle till Tuesday, or maybe Wednesday, feels very strange not to be working - but I suppose its a forced break and lets me come back all nice and refreshed ready for new designs. I will be missing out on Folksy Friday and Handmade Monday, so hope to read and catch up next week.

Before I go, here is the new bag I listed today on Folksy




..and if I get the time I will be listing the gadget pouch I made to match at some point too.

Luckily I have got ahead with the brooches so can start listing more of those in my other shop - Special By SimJaTa, like this one listed yesterday



The photo's take you straight to the shop, so please do go have a looksie, I will be available to post out up till tomorrow lunchtime, but sadly not until Tuesday after that.

Our main worry for the weekend is of course the weather, usually v.good for August bank holiday, but not looking so promising this time - Ali, if you are reading this perhaps you can send that prayer off to the weather gods again? As you know a weekend of hanging on to tent poles really is not ideal, and tombola tickets are really not so good in wind and rain.

Hope you all have a great weekend with whatever you have planned.

~Bags of Swank by SimJaTa~

4 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed for you and I hope things go very well for you and of course Alfie too!

    Take care

    Mick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the weather is better where you are and that you are doing a roaring trade.
    Best of luck.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, weather was truly awful but we did quite well regardless, and almost warm again now!

    Lynda x

    ReplyDelete