Tuesday 5 October 2010

Improving Photographs




Hopefully, the photographs at my new shop "Special by SimJaTa" are a vast improvement on when I began my venture into 'on line sales'. Way back in February I started my "Bags of Swank by SimJaTa" with what I thought were ok pictures, after joining the forum and looking around they quite clearly were anything but OK. So, I found a great garden courtesy of a friend and started again, soon after I got my first sale. So, I learnt from this how important photo's were. Now I find, although they are better there is a lot of room for improvement, along with some more tips on how to get them noticed I am soon to be embarking on new photo's throughout.
Sadly by the end of a day sewing and the rest of the days chores my eyes are not up to much, so this is going to be a rather long task at one picture per night, still will keep me out of mischief.

As my shop sales are good in the outside world, must be plenty of room for improvement on line, not that I am complaining I am starting to get noticed in the big www. world and my new shop is attracting far more attention in its first week than my first shop did in its first three months.

I have even had a small (and I mean very small) venture into the world of Twitter.

Soon be time for a well deserved sit down and a nice glass of the red stuff, so dont work too hard blog crafters, give yourself a break - before having a closer look at those sales pictures.

~Bags of Swank by SimJaTa~

1 comment:

  1. I cringe when I look at my photos, but thankfully they are not putting people off too much! These things involve over time and I believe that as a crafter we are always looking to improve things...so even photos that we think are great now we will still be looking to improve in the future lol

    Great to see you on Twitter!

    Mick

    ReplyDelete