Sunday 3 July 2011

New Design ~Work in progress

Here is a new one for me, some work in progress.. as it will take me some time to get this finished thought you might like to take a look at how things take shape. I am hoping this will be fabulous when its done, but remember my first attempt at the raggy bag? so who knows, lets see how it pans out during the week (or so)







I started off by selecting some fabric, decided to go for green's, with the zillion and one boxes in my craft room to go at this took some time.
So,fabric selected off to the iron to press the fronts and backs. Then (and here is were I really wish I actually did do any maths at school) cut all the batting to fit inside each fabric sandwich.
The first of the new bit, some fancy quilting done on each piece of fabric - must say this was a fun part too, hope you can see on the pictures once it was all laid out to be almost bag shaped.
Then all sewn together to actually 'be' bag shaped.

Still a very long way to go, most of the bits I need I am now at the mercy of the postman to fetch them so that could slow things down. I still have the handle to decide on, and made a decision on fastners which of course I didnt have any of so just ordered them too, again to begin that wait for the postman.

Tomorrow I am going to practice some embellishments for this bag, and for others in the future.

I just hope I can achieve the designs that are in my head, and that they will be loved as much as I enjoy creating them.

I will update my blog with the finished article when its ready, but I wouldnt hold your breath, may well be next weekend.

~Bags of Swank by SimJaTa~

2 comments:

  1. Great to see how you make things and you should do more of that...makes people appreciate how much work and thought goes into your bags.

    Mick

    ReplyDelete