Friday 1 July 2011

Folksy Friday ~ Talented Quilters

As I have caught this quilting bug (although mine are the raggy variey not quite as smart as these) I thought this week I would share just some of the talent on Folksy from the quilters there. Be sure to click on these pictures for futher details and a good look around each shop of lovelies.
You may think some of these items are a bit pricey, but the quality of workmanship is amazing, and the hours it takes to create these original beauties you would not believe. Talent and heaps of patience goes into this art.

To begin is "Beccabugs" who has this wonderful and organic cot blanket, not just great to look at but perfect for soft sensitive skin.



An English Garden Cozy quilt from "Nostalgia Knits" is next, I can but dream of creating anything so special



I struggled with which to choose from "Friday Club" so do be sure to look at the rest of the shop, this one is a personalised patchwork baby quilt



"BooBoo Craft" has this great handbag, must have been hours of work with the quilting and sewing all those wonderful bright buttons on, its called 'handbag push my big buttons'



Here is a very smart handbag from "Not Just Handbags" again, time taken to create this wonderful effect, be sure to take a look at the rest of the smart bags here.



This one is just amazing, done in my style of raggy quilting, but a large design make a great throw for the sofa - needs to be shown off in full glory, by "Helen Jane's Designs"



Here are my first 2 raggy bags, one more finishing in the dryer with more detail on -wont be listed till Sunday though. Lastly, from Bags of Swank by SimJaTa






Hope you have enjoyed the above talent, these are just some of the quilters on Folksy there are others, worth a look if only to view such talent. But better still for a great attractive treat or gift.

Have a good weekend

~Bags of Swank by SimJaTa~

9 comments:

  1. Lovely quilted items, your bags are great, but I must admit to having a special fondness for the quilted button bag. It is so eye catching.

    Natalie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Natalie, I wonder how long it took Boo Boo to create that bag?

    Lynda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feature great items good luck with your new venture into the compulsive world of quilting
    Booboo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The answer to how long is too long lol
    Booboo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That reminds me, I really must finish the quilt off I started last year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your raggy bags - I'm so glad you persevered with them! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you xx

    Boo Boo, I cant even imagine how long that was..

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would so love to learn to quilt and the beautiful items you've chosen are making me determined to find a way to learn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats great Bev, you will love it. Loads of books in the library to study, and plenty of youtube videos out there.

    Lynda x

    ReplyDelete