Tuesday 7 December 2010

Is your Mother in Law a Dragon?




One of my readers requested a viewing of the bag I made for the Mother in Law, so here it is. Sadly not for sale at Bags of Swank by SimJaTa, but just a gift. Inspired by Linda at Uniquely Yours, I have something different for today, and have tried my hand at a verse - just for my Mother in Law.

Hate the Mother in Law?

My Mother in Law is a Dragon,
She tells me so each day,
My Mother in Law is a Dragon,
It is simply just her way,
My Mother in Law is a Dragon,
Its just the way life is,
My Mother in Law is a Dragon,
She does not speak just hiss.

Is my Mother in law really a Dragon?
I bet you wonder as you read,
This verse I write is just for her, I wonder were it will lead,
Her real name is Nora, that is what she is called,
She’s not really a dragon, though the last one made me bald,
This is Mother in Law mark II, a vast improvement she is,
The last one I inherited was a dragon and worse,
So bad was the last one, she made me scream and curse.

No, Nora is fantastic a wonderful Mother indeed
I’m hanging on to this one, of this I shall succeed
Although in life she has had some woes
Of this you would never know
My Mother in Law is everything a daughter in law could wish,
With the added bonus of her son, who turned out quite a dish.
THE END.


Ok, so I better stick to making bags and scarves then:)

~Bags of Swank by SimJaTa~

2 comments:

  1. hehehe that is really nice material and not what I had in my mind when you mentioned a dragon bag...I was thinking of something like the Welsh flag lol!!

    I'm not sure what to say about your verse though ;) But having said that my fav verse writer is Spike Milligan...

    Mick

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Very special bag.also I love this Article.I Will keep eyes on your blog!designer pursesRegards.

    ReplyDelete