Sunday 5 December 2010

Bailey Calender and Christmas Shoppers





Meet Bailey, Bailey is the rather large golden retriever I walk for his Dad. Bailey belonged to a lady I used to dog walk with, she sadly passed over a couple of years back leaving Bailey with her son who is unable to walk him. Last year we made up a calender of all the dogs on our walk to raise funds in memory of Bailey's Mum for the local hospice, we raised £500! This year for one reason and another I have not done the walkers calender, Bailey's Dad was most disappointed so I have got together a collection of Bailey photo's and I am making him his very own calender with just Bailey. Its calender central here, as this year we are also making calenders to raise funds for Woof Beginnings, the lady at the post office is my new very best friend!
You may also notice a picture here of one of the Bags of Swank collection of Christmas Shopping bags, these are fun bags for the festive season - I have one myself and they do generate a lot of interest locally.
One of my tasks today is my Mother in laws present, I am making her a 'dragon' bag LOL, bet there is not many of you would get away with that? No she is not a dragon really, she is lovely but she likes Dragons so she should love this one. I have a few Christmas gifts to make still, but trying to slot them in with other orders and stock for the shops.

Dont forget, as well as great bags at Bags of Swank by SimJaTa, and superb scarves at Special by SimJaTa, there are also lots of fabulous gifts available on Folksy from the very hard working crafters out there - so do go take a look at www.Folksy.com for your last minute shopping, almost everything is sent out within 24hrs so superb service along with great choices.

~Bags of Swank by SimJaTa~

2 comments:

  1. If I had to pick a favourite dog it would have to be a golden retriever. I remember as a child walking my Grandma's golden retriever and it was such hard work! Bailey looks lovely and I hope you share the rest of the calendar when it is finished!

    Also look forward to seeing the 'dragon' bag!!

    Glad to hear you are nice and busy.

    Mick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mick, will do. Yes Bailey is lovely, though a bit on the amorous side with other dogs, and a ball thief - he can hold three at once, and wont give them back.

    Dragon on view now:)
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete