Saturday 26 May 2012

The Cosmic Garden





Yes, I know I said I would return to sewing, and I did make a start... but now the weather has gone soooooo hot its just far too hot in the sewing room to do a thing, so I did more painting without any pressure and found myself doing something with the canvas I primed and painted blue some time ago. I watched a great video on youtube yesterday by Donna Downey for one of her inspiration Wednesdays, during her tutorial she used this fantastic quote from 'Andy Warhol' that I am going to use every day and print out somewhere very large...

"Dont think about making Art, Just get it done, Let everyone else decide if its good or bad
Wether they like it or hate it,
While they are deciding make even more Art."

So, thats what I am going to do (or at least while my confidence lasts).

My painting is called Cosmic Garden, and its my own creation of garden with the background of the northern lights from earlier in the year.

I am finding I have a need to paint each day, and I am at my happiest doing so. Although must admit its been tough going today, its very hot for us here in the UK and my house is getting towards unbareable now, we have had no sleep for a few days now as its just too much, sorry for those who enjoy it but can we please have it a few degree's cooler now? and some clear chilly nights would be great.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weather but being careful, we are not used to such heat here.

4 comments:

  1. Woweee! That picture could be an album cover from my favourite band, Google 'ozric tentacles album images' and see what I mean...wonderful!

    Yes, I can't cope with this heat and hopefully it will cool down a little soon.

    Mick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that picture Lynda, it's just the kind of thing I am drawn to! and love the quote, that's definitely one to remember...

    I'm ok in the heat because I'm at home but Rup has to work out in it and he was quite ill by Friday so spent the weekend trying to stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant - fab painting, Lynda....love it! I like the quote from Andy Warhol, too, very inspirational! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mick, must google and see - can you give them a call? LOL.
    Thanks Sharon, makes me happy to paint these things, and I read Andy Warhol did very well from painting his favourite things one of which was soup tins, so if its good enough for him LOL.

    Thank you Julie, knew you would like the quote too.

    Weather is a little kinder for us today thankfully.

    ReplyDelete